Friday 15 March 2013

Character one (Teddy)

I started by drawing a front, back and side view to get a clear idea of what my character will look like.



I then started to research h ow to make a teddy in maya I found this:
Tutorials
I tried to use the instruction video but it wasn't very clear so I struggled in making it. I decided to use the images I collected to make my own. I started with the body of the bear.


This gave me an outline where I could add arms and a head. The next thing I went onto do was the arms the way I made the arms and body was with nurbs rather than the polygon shapes as I found it easier to manipulate them in nurbs. Once I finished manipulating the shapes I converted them to polygon shapes.


Once I had finished with the arms I started on the legs which I also used nurbs for.




Creating the teddy has helped me to improve my skills on manipulating objects.


When I completed the head I attached it all together to make up the Teddy, I parented everything to the body.


No comments:

Post a Comment