Thursday 10 July 2014

Laika Studios

Laika studio is a world famous studio well known for movies such as Coraline, Paranorman and Moon girl a CG short. Laika doesn't just work on films but are also known for advertisements. You can search for the advertisements by going to Laika House. They have created advertisements for Ben and Jerry's ice cream, Coca-Cola, Samsung, ESPN, Nintendo and more. Laika mainly create animations using the stop motion method. They have also made some commercials using CG and 2D. It seems that they don't just stick to one type of animation it looks as though they are interested in all types of animations. However I do believe they have been most successful in the stop motion division as the feature length films are very successful. Laika studios is one of my favourite studios as they do the type of animation that I want to do, I also like the Gothic nature of the feature lengths.  Laika really present there own style with in the movies for instance the long thin arms are frequent to the different characters also the dark nature and rustic colour style in featured in the movies. I have to be honest I didn't know Laika studios also created commercials, I assumed they only worked on films. It's the feature length (Coraline) that really got the studios noticed, well by me. Laika studios is the main place that I want to aim to be working at in the future. It would be a dream come true to work on stop motion animations at Laika. Laika are now on the verge of releasing a new feature length film 'The Boxtrolls'. This film looks very promising and I can not wait to view it.






Video and images are subject to copyright.

No comments:

Post a Comment