Tuesday 8 July 2014

Laika Tiny Pirates challenge

I found that Laika house put up a competition to create what ever you want whilst sticky to the tiny pirates theme. I chose to create a plasticine model with an armature inside to create various positions, I did want to make a tiny video showing his movements but I ran out of time to do this. I started by drawing up different designs to create a look to go from. My main inspirations came from Spinal from Killer Instinct game series, and the skeleton pirates from The Pirates of the Caribbean. I liked the idea that he wasn't a normal man anymore due to a curse so I wanted to go with the idea that he was trapped in his decomposing body. This is the progression starting from concept art to the finished model.
























Here is the email that I sent to Laika house, I included a short story about my character and how he became the way he is.


No comments:

Post a Comment