Wednesday 22 January 2014

Filming VFX module Part 1

Before beginning with filming, I had to create the models of my flower. I made them out of Plasticine (Newplast) which is really easy to manipulate into what shape you want it. I started off by making the main flower head.

Flower Head
 Then I created the stem.


Then the leaves. 


So now I have all the pieces I need to create a fully grown flower, however I need a base so I made individual pieces of grass which was very time consuming. I placed the pieces of grass on a brown base. The brown base is to represent mud. 


So now I am ready to start my stop motion. I had to create 2 of each thing (flower head, stem etc.) as one was to be destroyed and one is going to shrink into a bud. 


I took multiple shots of the flower so people could get a clear view of what it looked like. 

The next step was to start taking a frame by frame approach to make a stop motion. I set up the camera and connected it to the computer in order for me to use the Dragon software. I used bluescreen so that I could remove the background and add a sky with moving clouds which will be created in Adobe After Effects.





I put the flower on a rotating table so that I was able to rotate the flower without actually moving the flower. I used blue tack to attach the blue paper each time I moved the table. 


This is the end result after the flower was crushed. Before I crushed the 2nd flower I to separate shot of the grass on its own. So the I could duplicate the grass and make it look as though the there is a field of grass rather than a line of grass. 

No comments:

Post a Comment